Sunday, May 16, 2010

Four Last Songs

Accidentally-on-purpose (I didn't really mean it to become a pattern!), my last four posts have all had song titles as the post titles so I thought I would post up the songs to match the posts!


Baubles, Bangles and Beads (from Kismet. I love musicals)



A Thousand Words (My options for this are a song by Savage Garden - eek - or a song from Final Fantasy - I opted for neither although I must admit to loving Final Fantasy games, just not so much this one...)

Push the Button (Chemical Brothers or Sugababes... The first one I think I'd prefer, even though I suppose technically the song title is Galvanize...)



And finally, Shiny Happy People (who doesn't love it?)



I also just found out, after giving this post a title, that "Four Last Songs" were the final completed works by Richard Strauss before his death (thanks Wikipedia!). He wrote them when he was 84 but died before they were performed in public. The songs are "Frühling" (Spring), "September", "Beim Schlafengehen" (Going to sleep) and "Im Abendrot" (At sunset). They're quite pretty!

Fin

No comments:

Post a Comment